Guidelines for Customers
DeliverMe: What we do, areas and we serve, communication
As a DeliverMe customer, you play an important role in ensuring that we cultivate and preserve a community built on a foundation of Respect, Safety, Trust & Integrity for everyone using or working on the DeliverMe platform.
Safety: Safety is our first priority. Every individual should feel comfortable, safe, and secure using the Instacart platform. We do not permit any activity that could create unsafe conditions or cause harm to others.
Respect: From the grocery store aisles to customers’ doors and everywhere in between, we aim to develop and maintain an inclusive, and respectful environment for everyone, at all times. As part of our continued effort to promote respect on the platform, we reserve the right to investigate and take action on any instances including, but not limited to, the following:
- Discrimination of any kind on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender or gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, mental/physical condition or disability, age, profession, national origin or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- Vulgar, inappropriate, intrusive, harassing, abusive or unwanted language of any kind towards others, whether verbal or written. This includes, but is not limited to, asking overly personal questions of customers, contractors, retailers, or employees. Please note: Contact information between retailers and customers is confidential along with your shared personal information. The DeliverMe website should not be used as a communication tool for issues other than order related issues, or the manner of delivery.
- Unwanted physical contact or sexual conduct of any kind involving contractors, retail employees, or DeliverMe employees while receiving services will not be tolerated.
- Intentional property damage or vandalism of any kind by any concerned party will not be tolerated and instances of such will be investigated and reported to the local authorities.
- Creating disturbances for the surrounding public (e.g. neighbours, co-workers, store employees, security guards, etc).
Safety: Safety is our first and primary priority. It is Integral to us that every individual should feel comfortable, safe, and secure using the DeliverMe platform. We do not permit any activity that could be interpreted as unsafe or harmful to others.
To ensure the highest levels of safety on the platform, we reserve the right to investigate and take action on any instances including, but not limited to, the following:
- Acts of violence or aggression including, but not limited to assault, violence/threats of violence, aggressive gestures, battery, abusive or threatening mental or verbal treatment, harassment, etc.
- Sexual conduct of any kind involving customers, contractors, or employees of retailers or Instacart while receiving or facilitating services on the platform.
- Brandishing a weapon while receiving services from DeliverMe, unless state law expressly prohibits this restriction.
- Failure to verify your identity while receiving services on the platform.
- Demanding shoppers enter a residence. DeliverMe delivery drivers are expected to deliver groceries to the customer at their desired address, but are never expected or required to enter the residence of a customer and thus reserve the right to decline the request.
Integrity: Trust is key to our operations for success as a delivery service. We demand all customers, shoppers & delivery drivers of the DeliverMe ecosystem to be honest and to represent and conduct themselves in a way that instills trust across the platform.
As part of our continuous effort to promote integrity and trust on the platform, we reserve the right to investigate and take action on any instances including, but not limited to, the following:
- Violation of any local, state, or federal laws while engaging with the Instacart platform.
- Engaging in spam or phishing-related activity.
- Abuse and/or manipulation of referral, coupon, or store credit, etc.
- Encouraging others to participate in fraud or to disrupt the integrity of the platform.
- Misrepresentation of identity/contact information or providing false information to internal teams during delivery.
- Instances of theft.
- Sharing or distributing personal information of customers, shoppers, retailers. This includes taking screenshots of the DeliverMe website while displaying personally identifiable or sensitive information.
- Unauthorised use of DeliverMe brand identity or intellectual property.
- Providing inaccurate or fraudulent information to Instacart during the sign-up process or otherwise.
- Holding duplicate accounts.
DeliverMe Guidelines above aims to be comprehensive and informative, but DeliverMe reserves the right to suspend or deactivate customer accounts for other reasons as deemed necessary in DeliverMe’s reasonable and good faith business judgment to ensure the safe and reliable operation of the platform.
If your customer account has been deactivated and you have new information or evidence to show it was in error, please submit your evidence through the form found here.
Thank you for reading.
Did this answer your question?